CSCI 156 - Computer Programming II
Session 2: July 6 – August 11
A continuation of Computer Science 151. Emphasis on top-down programming using methods. Topics include user-defined classes and advanced data types, arrays, recursion, algorithms for sorting and searching, exception handling, advanced GUIs and graphics, and embedding Java applets into HTML documents.
Goals of the Course
This course serves as an advanced introduction to the eld of computer science. By studying this course, you will
- apply the basic concepts and techniques from computer programming I
- be literate about concepts and techniques of computer programming
- understand abstract data type such as array
- write and implement classes handling exceptions and events
- become more familiar with advanced GUI components
- understand and implement elementary algorithms such as search and sort.
Java Programming : From Problem Analysis to Program Design, Malik, D. S., fifth edition
Software:: jGRASP, Discord, Zoom (all free)